Please note that the June tour is now fully booked.
Included in the Mary, Queen of Scots Tour:
• All accommodation for nine nights from the night of 12th June 2014 to the afternoon of 21st June 2014 on MQS1, and from the night of 9th October 2014 to the afternoon of 18th October 2014 (MQS2), including breakfast each day. Four nights at Prestonfield House Hotel, one night at Langley Castle Hotel, three nights at Whitley Hall Hotel and one night at Coombe Abbey, Warwickshire
• Welcome drinks on the first day of the tour
• Organised dinners on 6 nights (including a welcome dinner at Prestonfield House on the first night, dinner on board the Royal Yacht Britannia and a farewell dinner at St Mary's Guildhall, Coventry on the last night of the tour), lunch at Bolton Castle, refreshments at the Palace of Holyrood House, light lunch and drinks reception at Traquair House, and afternoon tea at the Bloomsbury Hotel.
• All entrance fees for events on the tour itinerary
• All coach travel
• Alison Weir as Tour Leader (June) and Sarah Gristwood as Tour Leader (October)
• Nicola Tallis as Assistant Historian and Sarah Gristwood as Guest Historian (June tour)
• Guest speakers and a full programme of lectures and guided commentaries
• Personally-signed Alison Weir book on arrival
• Tour gifts/mementos
• All gratuities for AWT-organised events, hotels and included meals as specified
Price of the Mary, Queen of Scots Tour
The cost per person is £4990 (including VAT). There is a 5% reduction for returning guests.
Alison Weir Tours offer an exclusive experience for small groups. For this reason, each tour is limited to 32 guests.
All prices are per person based on two sharing a double or twin room, and fares are quoted in U.K sterling.
For single person occupancy a supplement of £760 will be charged.
Payment schedule: 15% (£748.50 for each guest sharing a double or twin room, £862.50 for each guest in a single room) of the full price of the tour is due following booking and confirmation from AWT that AWT has a place available on the tour for you. The balance of 85% (£4241.50 for each guest sharing a double or twin room, £4921.50 for each guest in a single room) of the full price of the tour is payable 120 days before commencement of the tour.
What is NOT included in the cost of the tour:
• Travel from your home to the to the commencement of the tour in London
• Travel from London to the airport after the tour ends
• Personal items, souvenirs etc.
• Food & drinks other than those included during complimentary breakfast every morning of the tour & during the buffet lunch and 6 group dinners organised by AWT
• Any extras you incur at hotels, including but not limited to laundry, room service etcetera.
• Any other gratuities
The Mary, Queen of Scots Tour begins in Edinburgh and ends in London and the cost does not include travel to and from those places. However AWT is pleased to partner with Connoisseur Travel at www.ctltd.com if you need assistance. Connoisseur is a full- service travel agency in Washington, D.C. that has been serving customers for bespoke overseas travel for over twenty years. Connoisseur Travel provides full leisure and corporate services for clients around the world.
• For further information or to arrange your flights, travel insurance and extra hotel nights at please contact Jean Glock at Connoisseur Travel on 855.469.8998 or 202.469.8998 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alison Weir Tours Ltd.
Company Registration No. 07276807.
Registered Office: 14 Vernon Street, London W14 ORJ.